|Large Salad Spinner
About this item
- Easy, one handed operation with patented pump mechanism and brake button
- Soft, non slip knob locks down for storage, and a non slip ring and wide base keep bowl steady on countertop
- Elegant, clear bowl is perfect for serving, and basket can be used separately as a colander
- Clear, flat lid allows for convenient stacking when not in use, disassembles for easy cleaning, and parts are top rack dishwasher safe and BPA Free
- Capacity 6.22 Qt bowl, 4.95 Qt basket, Dimensions 10.5 inch x 10.5 inch x 6 inch
A new spin on our classic design Before the introduction of the OXO Good Grips Salad Spinner in 1998, crank or pull-tab salad spinners were considered high-end products. Some people even used the spin cycle of their washing machine to dry lettuce. Our easy-to-use Spinner transformed the tool into an everyday kitchen essential. Nearly 20 years later, we revisited the Spinner to make some updates while keeping the top features and original inspiration: a children’s top. With a modern design that complements contemporary kitchens and an improved brake that stops on a dime every time, we think you’ll love our new spin on the classic design. Dry salad greens with a simple press of the soft, non-slip knob. The non-slip base keeps the bowl steady on the countertop, and the updated built-in brake button stops the Salad Spinner for unloading. The basket doubles as a colander, and the lid comes apart for easy cleaning.
Warranty & Support
If you’d like a copy of the manufacturer’s warranty for a product found on Amazon.com, you can contact the manufacturer directly or visit their website for more information. Manufacturer’s warranties may not apply in all cases, depending on factors like the use of the product, where the product was purchased, or who you purchased the product from. Please review the warranty carefully, and contact the manufacturer if you have any questions.
Customer questions & answers
Yes, It will spin out the extra water. A friend told me about this trick and I have been using it in this way ever since. I can even fit a cotton Women’s Tee shirt in it but it takes about 40 pumps and one flip of the fabric to get it accomplished.
Top reviews from the United States
I think the biggest upside of this product is that it looks super sleek (at least that’s for the black version, the green one looks a bit tacky to me). Every time there are guests at my house and I want to impress them, I’d just pull this out.
In terms of function, yes, it does the job. However, there are two things you need to know:
– You have to push multiple times, until the greens kinda stick to the side of the basket, to wring all the water out.
– And no it’s not gonna be completely dry. There would be some moisture to it no matter how much you spin.
On to the downside of this salad spinner:
– It’s bulky to pull out, assemble, and clean: It’s a big size salad spinner so it’s hard to find a spot for it in the cabinet. And for cleaning, I usually just run it through water but it also takes up a lot of space on the dish rack.
– Sometimes I just want to make a really quick salad and pulling this out and washing them kinda discourages me (so yeah this stuff isn’t gonna motivate u to eat more greens)
– Secondly, water stains: since u only wash these with water, and it’s transparent plastic, there’ll be a lot of water stains which kinda ruin the sleek look. But from afar it looks fine. So if the little things bother you, that’s something to consider.
– Lastly, scratches. I never drop it but there happens to be a scratch on the bottom of the bowl. It doesn’t leak water out but it bugs me a bit.
So yes, I would recommend this product if you like to have salad or bulk prep your veggies since it will save a lot of time (and your salad will taste much better). But it’s kind of overpriced which I guess is compensated by the sleek design so if u don’t really care about how it looks, there are probably cheaper options out there.